Our first overnight bike trip to the north of Amsterdam was to the town of Edam. This little place was, in a French word, charmante. We spent the night at a charmante hotel called the Fortuna and rode home, via Marken Island, the next day.
- Dinner at Fortuna (best dinner yet! Cheers to the cook.)
- Ferry ride to Marken Island
- Cheese Museum in Volendam
- Tasting the water on either side of the dike to see if it was fresh or salt… answer: fresh leaning to brackish on both sides because the former ZuiderZee has been enclosed as the IJsselmeer.
- Walking around Edam, beers at the Dam Hotel